updated - February 28, 2015 Saturday EST
McDonald's apologized to a customer in China after the customer was accidentally served dishwashing detergent instead of Coca-Cola, according to reports.
The woman experienced a burning sensation in her esophagus and stomach after drinking a Coke her boyfriend bought and was admitted to hospital, reports the Chinese-language Beijing News.
"This has caused great harm to me and my girlfriend. My girlfriend is still receiving treatment in hospital," said Mr Liu, who ordered meals to go at the restaurant on Jan. 16.
The McDonald's apologized and said the accident occurred after an employee put a Coke cup filled with detergent on the counter. The customer then accidently picked up that cup, thinking that it was their order .
The McDonald's in question said it will compensate the woman. Mr. Liu wants the restaurant to cover any future health problems, should his girlfriend encounter them.
According to the report, McDonald's said it will offer compensation, though the amount has yet to be agreed.
TOP 10 FRANCHISE FOR 2015