Own the Award-Winning #1 Fast Food Franchise
Like Us on Facebook
Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck opened the first SUBWAY® restaurant in the city of Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA, in the summer of 1965. The company was later incorporated in the name of Doctor's Associates Inc.
The SUBWAY® franchise is the largest restaurant chain in North America and is poised to become the largest restaurant chain in the world.
The SUBWAY® franchise system places a focus on making great sandwiches. It is so great, in fact, that many SUBWAY® customers have become franchise owners simply because they believe in the product.
- AllBusiness AllStar - #1 position and The #1 Sandwich
- Entrepreneur Magazine - # 1 franchise for 2010's Franchise 500.
- Zagat Survey - Fast Food Category:
- #1 Most Popular
- #1 Top Service
- #1 Healthy Options
- #2 Top Food
- #2 Top Overall
The franchisee is responsible for:
- Initial franchise fee
- Finding locations
- Leasehold improvements and equipment
- Hiring employees and operating restaurants
- Paying 8% royalty to the company and a fee into the advertising fund
The company provides:
- Access to formulas and operational systems
- Store design and equipment ordering guidance
- Training program
- Operations manual
- Representative on-site during opening
- Periodic evaluations and ongoing support
- Informative publications
With the SUBWAY® franchise system's outstanding support structure and operational history, it's no surprise that its growth continues to break global records.
Franchise World Headquarters is proud of the excellent support systems available to SUBWAY® franchisees. Ongoing support is provided before and after you open your store. As soon as you join the SUBWAY® team, you'll have access to help to get you started. Once open, systems are in place to help you operate your location effectively.
SUBWAY FRESH FITTM Menu*
Caring about the health of customers shows with the SUBWAY FRESH FITTM menu that is
low in saturated fat and cholesterol and is trans fat free. SUBWAY® headquarters continues to work with suppliers to improve the nutritional content of the food served.
Eat Fresh Live Green
The SUBWAY® chain constantly strives to make SUBWAY® restaurants and operations more environmentally and socially Responsible. This is achieved by conducting business in a way that creates profit for franchisees while minimizing the impact the business has on the environment and to improve the lives of SUBWAY® customers, employees, franchisees, vendors and global communities.
Before you open:
- Training - You and your designee or manager will take part in our intensive two-week program.
- Restaurant/Store design - You will be provided with floor plans for your specific location.
- Site selection - You will be assisted in evaluating the location for your business.
- Equipment ordering - You will receive guidance on ordering your equipment package for timely delivery.
After you open:
- Operations manual - SUBWAY® restaurants' in-depth manual covers a full range of topics important to running your business.
- Field support - Your local representative will help you get started and provide ongoing operational evaluations.
- Franchisee services - A Coordinator will serve as your main contact person, who is just a phone call or e-mail away.
- R&D - SUBWAY® franchise executive chef, baking specialists, staff nutritionist, and product development team continually strive to make our excellent food even better.
- Continuing education - Regular newsletters, e-mails and voice-mails, DVDs and additional learning tools are also available.
Own a Traditional or Non-Traditional SUBWAY Location!
The SUBWAY® franchise has some of the lowest start-up costs in the industry. Your complete investment will depend on your location, size, and the extent of renovations required. There are traditional and non-traditional locations for SUBWAY® franchises.