updated - September 27, 2016 Tuesday EDT
Jodi Ann Arias court date has been set to begin Feb. 1 and it is considered to be the biggest court proceeding since Casey Anthony.
Jodi Arias, 31, is a photographer accused of shooting her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in the face then stabbing him 27 times and slitting his throat from ear to ear.
At her trial, scheduled to begin in January, Arias' attorneys will argue she killed Alexander in self-defense, though they have not offered any details about how they'll try to convince the jury of that.
In early statements to police, Arias said she wasn't with Alexander when he died. Later, after police matched a bloody handprint at the scene to her, Arias claimed she and Alexander had been attacked in a home invasion and the masked intruders killed him.
"No jury is going to convict me ... because I am innocent and you can mark my words on that. No jury is going to convict me," Jodi Arias told "Inside Edition" in a jailhouse interview just three months after her ex-boyfriend's bloody corpse was found in his bathroom.
The trial was originally set to begin February 21, but is delayed until October because Arias' death penalty-qualified public defender, Victoria Washington, withdrew from the case December 23. A death penalty-qualified defense attorney is key to the case during jury selection and will play a major role during the sentencing phase if Arias is convicted of first-degree murder.
"I know this might sound creepy, but I hope to get to watch her die someday after she's on death row," Alexander's sister, Tanisha Sorenson, wrote in an email to HLNTV.com.
Jodi Arias' case has already been more than three years in preparation, and details remain as disturbing today as they were in 2008. In September of that year, Arias was arrested for the brutal slaying of Alexander and instantly made headlines around the world.
TOP 10 FRANCHISES OF 2016