updated - September 18, 2021 Saturday EDT
Matt Bomer is an actor known for his good looks, appearances in films such as Magic Mike and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, and especially for his role in the series White Collar. Although casting has not yet finished for the upcoming movie adaptation of 50 Shades of Grey, it could become the highlight of Bomer's career if he is chosen for the lead character Christian Grey.
Fans of Bomer ("bomerbabes?") have come out in full force online to support his casting as Christian. What are the top five reasons that fans support this hunky actor to be "CG"?
1. He has the look of a CEO - the internet is full of outstanding photos of him in a suit.
2. His role in Magic Mike shows that he is versatile and capable of adapting to a challenging role, as Christian Grey inevitably will be given the intense scrutiny from millions of fans.
3. Sharp jawline, piercing blue eyes and that wonderfully wavy brown hair.
4. He is in amazing shape, and looks great both with or without his suit (again, as Magic Mike attests).
5. Fans want Matt Bomer to be Christian Grey.
Although Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries), Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) and even Max Irons (The Host) have been mentioned as possibilities, in the end it comes down to what the fans want. None of us, including E.L. James, wants to hear the collective sigh of a million broken hearts if Bomer is not chosen for the role.
Many fans have already decided that Bomer is the one to play Christian Grey. With all the polls, comments and fanpages going up online in support, it's inevitable that the casting will eventually go to him.
Regardless, when the lead actor for 50 Shades of Grey is announced, it will be a thrill for fans of the franchise.
Do you agree that Matt Bomer should be Christian Grey? Give your reasons why or why not below!
TOP 10 FRANCHISES OF 2021