updated - September 29, 2020 Tuesday EDT
While everyone at Disney and Lucasfilm seemed to be pretty pre-occupied with the upcoming "Star Wars" films, Kathleen Kennedy assured fans that an "Indiana Jones 5" movie is right in the oven.
"When it will happen, I'm not quite sure," Kennedy told Vanity Fair of the planned project. "We haven't started working on a script yet, but we are talking about it."
The question now is, who will star in the classic adventure film?
There had been talks that Harrison Ford will most likely be replaced by a younger actor to keep the franchise going.
But if you'll ask the 73-year-old veteran actor, he's not closing his doors to returning to "Indiana Jones 5" movie.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly for the cover of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," Ford gamely shared his thoughts.
"Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'd love to do another Indiana Jones," he exclaimed as he sat at a round picnic table by the hangar. "A character that has a history and a potential, kind of a rollicking good movie ride for the audience, Steven Spielberg as a director - what's not to like?"
But while Ford is still up to reprise his role for the fifth time, Disney is said to be looking into casting "Jurassic World" star Chris Pratt to take over the franchise.
Cinema Blend reported that Pratt is the frontrunner to Disney's planned "Indiana Jones 5."
And while Pratts remain coy about his involvement in "Indiana Jones 5," director Steven Spielberg has already expressed his interest in returning.
Deadline reported that the award winning director/producer is willing to get his hands on the project "assuming a script comes in to his satisfaction."
It's not yet clear whether Disney will still cast Harrison Ford in the line up or will he be totally replaced by a much younger actor once "Indiana Jones 5" push forward.
TOP 10 FRANCHISES OF 2020